About Colin Taylor Grooming
London born Colin Taylor has been at the very top of the professional pet grooming world since starting out in 1985 at the London Academy of Grooming.
Colin is certified by the UK City and Guilds and is a Certified Master Groomer in the United States.
He is a multiple GroomTeam USA member and was part of GroomTeam Scotland in 2007. In the US Colin won “Best Groomed Dog in Show” at every major grooming show, plus “Best All-Round Groomer.” He has been awarded multiple “Best Scissored Dog” in Show” and has also featured on the front cover of Groomer to Groomer magazine five times.
Following his success, Colin has become an admired all-breed industry judge and speaker at grooming contests and seminars all over the world. His specialties include breed profile trimming, handling, hand scissoring, professional proficiency and personal motivation.
The range is a collaboration between Colin and professional dog groomer, Janet Rabbie of Groomindales, London, who have partnered to formulate their own range of professional dog grooming products and share their experience and knowledge with all groomers. Janet has built several successful businesses in doggy day care and professional grooming, met Colin in 2012 at one of the first Colin Taylor Academy seminars. They have since formed an ideal business partnership to share their wealth of experience and knowledge with all groomers.
Working with an expert team of formulation Chemists and a British contract packer, Colin and Janet have created an excellent range of products designed to meet groomers’ most stringent standards.
Colin says “We have used decades of experience gained from the most prestigious grooming schools across the world to develop this exciting new range. Using our products will improve the grooming process and ensure that groomers achieve the best possible professional finish that we would expect”.
The new range has been designed to be both affordable and accessible to all groomers and includes shampoos, colognes, fast dry and scissor sprays. The range is branded using high-end, fashionable, eye-catching packaging that any groomer would be proud to display.
Colin and Janet’s exciting journey has just begun and is definitely one to watch in the future.
Quick facts about Colin Taylor
- Author of What Would Colin Do? 101 Situations and Solutions for Every Dog Groomer
- Intergroom International Groomer of the Year 2004
- Multiple-year member of GroomTeam USA
- Winner of the 2006 World Cup Grooming Games at Groom and Kennel Expo in Burbank California
- Countless Best in Show and Best All-round Groomer awards
- Five-times on the cover of Groomer to Groomer
- Best Poodle - Poodle Class at Intergroom
- Winner of the Oster Invitational Tournament of Champions
- Recipient of Scissoring Award presented by famed poodle handler Kaz Hosaka
- Thank-you credit and back-cover endorsement of Melissa Verplank’s Notes from the Grooming Table
- Television appearances include Kelly and Company Show in Detroit and a TV ad for Paul Mitchell dog shampoo
- Runs and manages Master Groom Dog Grooming contest
- International Judge and Speaker
- Founder of Colin Taylor Academy